DEPARTMENT: Inventory and Distribution
This position reports directly to the Inventory Manager and/or designee. Incumbent’s main responsibility is to safely deliver all store orders, along a designated route, in a timely manner. He/She must provide the best possible service by meeting the company’s standards when distributing merchandise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfills assigned Raw Material and Warehouse Merchandise orders.
- Performs routine checks on the vehicle’s condition before and after daily deliveries.
- Responsible for upkeep of their vehicle, including, but not limited to: maintaining driver coach and refrigeration area clean and organized; cleans loading area between deliveries; checks refrigeration system is set to its proper temperature (38°F); reports mechanical problems immediately and takes the truck to get serviced, if necessary.
- Oversees loading of merchandise into the assigned truck and verifies products are adequately organized prior to departing from the loading dock.
- Ensures all safety and sanitation protocols are followed when loading and unloading merchandise.
- Reviews assigned delivery schedule and commit to safely delivering all products on time.
- Works with the Special Projects department to coordinate deliveries of products for company-sponsored Special Events.
- Assists with other assigned duties and projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (2yr. minimum):
Class A Driver’s License required – must be in good standing with no at-fault accidents or traffic infractions on driving record. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Basic understanding of inventory management. Experience with powered, industrial equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks (must be certified). Must have valid Food-Handling certification by a Serve-Safe certified organization. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Must be fluent in English and Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing).
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires walking, standing, climbing, carrying, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, bending below waste line. Eye/hand/foot Coordination requirements. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 45 lbs. Consider the sensory requirements of touching/feeling, tasting, hearing, speaking, seeing, and smelling. This job requires the employee to see, hear, and speak. Consider environmental surroundings such as temperature, noise, irregular terrain/ground, and chemical products used. The employee must be able to walk on wet floor, work in changing ambient temperatures ranging from -20°F to 80°F, and work in loud surrounding areas. These essential functions have been set as an example on the type of work performed by the employees assigned to perform these tasks. We reserve the right to add, modify, change or eliminate assigned tasks and to make necessary and reasonable adjustments as needed.